Top 10 Selling Tips
1. The best time to sell is when you don’t NEED to. Forced sale situations generally cost you. Remain objective if possible. Try to keep emotions out of the equation.
2. Sell BEFORE you buy. Motivation costs money.
3. Price to sell. Pricing right is the key to selling success. Pricing too high and participating in frequent price drops because the property isn’t selling often results in a stale product and sells for less than market value.
4. Rent a storage locker and pack up everything you aren’t going to use before the move.
5. Don’t over renovate. There is a fine line when renovations make sense and others that improve the home but don’t actually pay for themselves.
6. Let your Realtor® do the negotiating.
7. Don’t overlook a low-ball offer. It is often discouraging or can even feel insulting when a low offer comes in but an offer is a starting point and that’s better than nothing. If you take the emotion away and focus on the counter offers and where you want to see the end result you may just get there.
8. Remember curb appeal. Make a good first impression by having a tidy and kept up property that looks inviting so potential buyers are impressed by the outside and will look forward to seeing the inside too.
9. Every showing can potentially lead to a sale. Take the time to clean and prepare your home and yard for the showing.
10. Leave your home for showings. It is best for the potential buyers to feel as comfortable as possible in your home and they won’t if they know you’re in the next room, or hovering outside the kitchen window.